Sleep is a sought after like gold by many people. Others can sleep anywhere their eyelids close. Our RV bed mattress is an underlying basis to our health, comfort and safety as we travel.
Mattress have changed in so many ways but why we need sleep has not changed all that much. Our sleep cycle is the health of our waking life. Our beds are where our life regeneration takes place or does not take place.
Choosing the best RV mattress can be a challenge if we are not aware of the differences. Freshening up a barely used mattress can be a cost effective choice.
Come Now How Important Is Sleep
We all really have two lives, we have our waking lives and our sleeping lives. In these two lives there are stages. Our uninterrupted sleep lives are an unseen part of who we are and how we function.
- The first stage of our sleep life happens in the first 5 to 10 minutes after we climb into our beds close our eyes. We enter light sleep but we are still easily woken. Our bodies and minds activities begin to slow.
- The second stage of the sleep cycle causes our temperature drops and heart rate to drop. But we are still in a light sleep and our body and minds are slowly slipping into the deepness.
- The third stage of the cycle is deep sleep. We are not easily awoken in this NREM (non-rapid eye movement) sleep. This is a non dream sleep. It is where the body is able to repair itself. Tissues are able to grow. The muscles and bones have proper stability to repair and grow. The immune system is able to repair.
- Stage four stage of our sleep life cycle is the most restorative stage. Our mind is able to be revitalize and reset. Our emotions are fine-tuned and reenergized. A stage the wonderful dream state is allowed.
Oscillation from stage one to stage four cycle is about every 90 to 110 minutes. More uninterrupted cycles that are accomplished the more time spent in stage Four.
Good sleep allows for a good foundation for our mood. Our energies are restored. Mental sharpness is strengthened and produced. Our ability to handle stress is strengthened. Decrease of heart disease is provided. Our immune system set free to revitalized our systems. Our cognitive abilities are restored. Operating an RV down the roads of our dreams we need to be totally in tune with our double lives.
This is to just mention of few of the wonderful things that goes on in our bodies as we allow ourselves sleep uninterrupted sleep. I do not have a doctorate in medicine, but research shows how very important our sleep life is to our everyday functions.
The Comfort Position And Success
Comfort is the physical state of ease from pain. We must achieve this state when lying down in our RV beds. Or we will not be able to attain all the wonderful gifts that come from our uninterrupted sleep lives.
Mattresses for every size and shape. Side sleepers Like myself, are best to chose a RV mattress with cushion for the hips and shoulder. Stomach sleepers are looking for a mattress that has a more firm structure. Back sleepers typically are the firmest of all depending on back issues and such. Medium firm mattresses lend themselves to be usable by most.
The options in material and fluff and stuff is overwhelming for me at my best. Our choice is very important to our daily success. Choosing a mattress can be broken down into a few steps.
- What’s the position you spend most of your sleep life in?
- What size can your RV bed mattress landing allow.
- Flipping requirement for the mattress are important to consider.
- Check out the sizes of RV BED MATTRESSES https://www.mattressinsider.com/replacement-RV-mattress.html
- Measure your area so when closing your side it will not cause any problems with the closing.
- Go bounce on a few and lay on some others It is OK, test and chose your best.
Four Steps To Freshen Up And Happy We Will Be
This is a sure way to bring in the freshness back in a mattress, it has worked every time for me. The bedding can be washed easily and we are so glad for that. Mattresses, fabrics and carpet of the RV can hold odors that are just hard to resolve. The market has sprays that can bring freshness for a time. I have found that the removal of the odors last longer for sure.
- With a good strong vacuum, vacuum the mattress top and bottom and sides with an upholstery attachment. Take your time and vacuum it very well.
- *Apply generous amount of aluminum-free baking soda by using a sifter over the entire sleeping surface, coat very well.
- Let the baking soda set for at least 2 hours and as long as 24 hours. The baking soda will absorb odors that are unpleasant and in turn leave a freshness behind.
- After the baking soda has had its setting time, then with the upholstery attachment vacuum the mattress very well, taking your time and being very thorough.
I have found this process of steps to be very helpful. You can also use this process on your fabric furniture, but read your manufacturer recommendations.
These steps work very well on carpet to lift odors and to freshen the air.
*The additional step ( step 2 ) to the process would be to would be work the backing soda into the carpet with a broom a bit.
The Seen And Unseen Are Cared For
It is amazing how sleep touches and strengthens our everyday lives. The restoration that we receive as we sleep is amazing. It is very important to be at the top of our game when we want to travel and are operating our RV’s. Choosing a good mattress that meets our needs is not as hard as it seems. With little bits of information were able to make very good choices. With the right mattress in our sleep lives our waking lives are cared for from gifts that keep giving.
If you have any question or comments please feel free to leave them below and I will make sure to connect with you!
Loving My Double Life,